I’m getting exited! ASHA looms on the horizon and I can’t wait to attend sessions, work the exhibit hall and socialize. Will you be there? Let’s meet!
Here’s where you can find me (for tips on creating your own great schedule, click here):
3DSLP Booth #1205: I’ll be joining Amy and sharing the goodies that these subscription boxes offer. I’ll be there Thursday 2:30-4:30 and Friday from 11:30-1:00. While you’re there you could win:
- Banjo Billy Bus Tour! Stop by the booth to enter or post a picture of you on Instagram tagged #3dslpbanjobillybus and looking ready to ride! Winners receive two tickets to ride the bus with treats and drinks for a tour of downtown Denver complete with ghost stories! The grand prize winner will receive a private bus tour for TWENTY on Friday night. (You must be present to win. Winners will be selected at 5pm for that day’s ride.)
- Two for Tag: Grab a tag while you’re at the booth and tie it to your bag or lanyard. When you spot another tag, check the numbers. The first matched pair will each win three months of free boxes. Whoo-hoo!
SC18: Becoming Storytelling Animals: Narrative Interventions from Preverbal to School Age: This is a topic dear to my heart and one area that has increased dramatically on my caseload. I can’t wait for these tips! This short course (additional charge) is Friday 1:30-4:30. I’ll save you a seat!
My Sessions of Note
These are just a few of the sessions on my schedule:
- 1152 (Thursday 4:30-5:30): Navigating Professional Trasnistions. Melissa Page Deutsch has written a few guest posts for me before (and you can check her out in the current ASHA Leader). I have a conflict I’m trying to resolve to get to this one…
- 1390 (Friday 10:30-11:30): Zooming, Buzzing & Hooting: Fun & Functional Voice Therapy for Children
- 1495 (Friday 5:00-6:00): ICD-10 & Reimbursement: Hot Topics for Speech-Language Pathologists
- 1823 (Saturday 4:00-5:00): Engaging Sensory Children: Make It Practical & Fun
Not going to ASHA? You can still join in the fun!
Many SLPs live tweet from sessions. Find the one you’re interested and search on Twitter either during or after its completion. You can feel the excitement! To search use #a(session number). For example, for the first session I listed above you would follow #a1390. A search of #ASHA15 will allow you to see more general comments.
Instagram will be full of photos. Search #ASHA15 to see #SLPeeps in action!